Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bella, Succubus

Ahh, Bella the Buxom Succubus. Sculpted for Reaper by Patrick Keith. A very unique take on the subject matter! I was very happy to see this sculpt since it's not often that we break free from the barbie-esque super heroine mold that most female minis are cast in.  No pun intended.

Believe me I'm first in line for those classicly over the top feminine chainmail-bikini type sculpts when they're released, as there's a special place in my heart for the familiar Fantasy archetypes tropes we've all come to to love (or loathe) over the years.  But it's refreshing to see another perspective on things as after all, bodies come in all shapes and sizes, so why shouldn't our little minis ya know?   Very cool!

This is to be given as a gift to friend of mine, to help him study skintones as he picks up some painting techniques from me.  If there's one mini with loads of skin to study, it's this particular gal!  I had fun painting all the soft blends on this one, skin is one of my favorite things to paint, in all the manifold varieties.

No comments: